Monday 7 February 2011

The Desire To Succeed



When you look at the world and you look at the successful people in the world, people like Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Lord Alan Sugar, Tiger Woods they all have one thing in common... an overwhelming desire to succeed. That desire comes can come from many different aspects of life, it can be to prove someone wrong, make up for a past mistake, being better than everyone else or simply loving the feeling of success.

I found my desire to succeed. It came from a failure at the tender age of 16 and for a young 16 year old you can get a bigger failure than failing your GCSEs. For me it was that simple, I passed one exam out of 9. I did not achieve the grades to get into sixth form and stay with my friends. I was definetly clever enough but all it  came down to was pure LAZINESS, so I left my school, without the guts to tell anyone I had failed. That day, that ONE day, was enough to change my whole life, I never wanted that feeling of failure ever again. I started a business course, retook my GCSEs, got the highest grades possible, moved on to an A level equivalent business course, again got the highest grades possible and from there went to university. Achieving top grades, having numerous qualfications, enjoying life and feeling SUCCESSFUL, this was where I wanted to be.

When I started university I had to maintain this work ethic, this hunger to be the best and to make people realise I was successful. University life wasn't for me, overcoming a failure so early in life matured me, I didn't need the lazy student life, drinking every night, lazing during the day, working at the last minute.

So I'm now 19, I'm doing my degree commuting from home to university, I recently started my own business to run alongside my degree. Ever since I was small I wanted to be my own person, I liked being different, running along a different track to everyone else and for the past few years I've realised all I really want is to run my own business and if possible my own business empire! I say 'if possible', but with my mindset and attitude I KNOW it is possible, this is the mindset I believe everyone should have. Whatever you want to do with your life, whether you want to be a sportsman, a businessman, actor or actress it is 100% possible if you believe you can do it and work hard at it.

I want you to go away after this post thinking about three questions...

- Have you ever had one big failure in life that changed you and your attitiude towards what you do?

- What is it you truely want to be in life? Whatever it is, it is possible.

- Do you have the confidence and the hunger to go out and be successful and achieve everything you have ever set out to achieve?

My desire comes from proving people I was never meant to be a failure, that what happened to me at the age of 16 was a one off. My desire comes from knowing one day I'll go back to my old school having become as successful as some of the top businessmen in the world today. That is my mindset, that is my desire, that is the mindset that should be used by everyone to get what they want.

For a book about motivation and success please read...





It is an unbelievably insightful book that will leave you feeling motivated and good about yourself.

Also if you are looking  to succeed in business and want to get knowledge from the best I cannot recommend anything better than Ricard Branson: Losing My Virginity. Entrepreneurial spirit at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment